Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Spring time

I've attacked another item of my TODOs list again. I ordered Spring in Action and Hibernate in Action from the Manning in Action series. Since I've been using Hibernate at work I thought I would tackle the Spring book first.

I've been searching for a good Spring tuturial for some time and I haven't found one that clicks for me till now. It's easy to read with plenty of example code. I now have a better understanding of the whole IoC concept. This is about reducing tight dependancy coupling between objects. The idea is that the Spring container takes care of initializing objects and hands all the dependant objects to you on a silver plater.

TheServerSide interviews Craig Mc Clanahan about JSF. They also have a piece about Struts being 5 years old.

No comments: