Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Skype Hardware

I've been searching high and low for a decent headphone/mic combo for my skype setup.

The favourites seem to be Plantronics, but I was disappointed with the one I purchased, as I couldn't get the microphone to work. There also seems to be a lot of complaints on build quality and that they don't seem to last for long.

While looking, I came across the Logitech Mobile Freedom which is around $42. Its a bluetooth headset with mic and sits on your ear with a mobile range of around 10 metres. Its a slightly older design but a great deal of people (on Amazon feedback) say its a LOT better than the majority of similar products on the market. Does what it says on the tin? How novel!

I hooked it up to my 12inch powerbook and it worked straight of the bat (immediately). The volume could be a little louder (which a lot of people comment on) but apart from that, I couldn't be happier! :)

My plan is to hook it up to my G5, but since I don't have bluetooth on that puppy, I'm waiting for a dongle to arrive. I don't expect any problem.. thats why I have a mac ! :-)

No comments: